My courses and programmes are structured around:
MOVEMENT: Movement is my main teaching modality of which I weave the other components of life into my rest periods with private clients. I suscribe to "healthy body healthy mind" and I find it the easiest place people can start making changes from.
ROAM is range of active movement and is a curriculum that programmes from bodyweight flexibility-stability and endurance, to functional strength and conditioning using multiple modalities and then specific programmes to build performance peaks. The curriculum will take over a year to complete if done as programmed but can be split into smaller chunks of time and intensity:
- R.O.A.M Method Curriculum is a progressive curriculum that expands your pain-free range of active movement. It includes all movement programmes and libraries. You start with bodyweight mobility (BSX), addd functional strength and conditioning using multiple modalities and then add specific performance (RSX) and resilience programmes aimed to complete a Spartan Sprint. There is. an optional exam and practical components for those seeking ROAM certification.
- ROAM Mobility: "Alliance" course is inspired by the Vitruvian man who represents all movements in symmetry. Alliance includes all five Life-Movement patterns, greater detail on movement, a sixth lesson and will have an optional exam and practical assessments for those seeking certification in ROAM Mobility Coach award.
- ROAM FASTT: Are equipment based workouts that you will need access to TRX, Cable, Freeweights, Kettlebells, Medicine balls. Each programme builds on the next, requires good mobility and is based on functional fitness and strength and conditioning philosophies. They are general physical preparation programmes that build coordination, general fitness and encourage muscle tone and fat loss as well as movement quality. They build to HIIT level.
- Note: This is not the comprehensive list of programmes included in the ROAM Method Curriculum bundle.
You may want to think about upgrading to this programme which includes ROAM Method: Curriculum and FNFAB.
- T.E.A.C.H is a practical programme design and delivery mentorship that teaches Technical, Entertrainment, Athleticism and Coaching skills to fitness leaders or fitness curious. This course is the full monty and includes all other courses plus exams to be certified in ROAM Mobility Coach, ROAM Movement Coach, ROAM Functional Strength & Conditioning Coach and ROAM Lifestyle & Performance Coach.
This school and its courses are "the way I coach" lifestyle and performance to people with unique lifestyle circumstances, ambitions, conditions and abilities.
My biases are broad, intensive and are based on my mistakes and failings just as much as they are on my successes and highlights. My mind is continually open, I am willing to adapt and change perspectives and at my age have as much fun as possible doing it. This school therefore is constantly evolving and each course automatically updates when I make improvements. Courses are content over style, detail orientated not just fitness buff and fluff.
- Competitive gymnastics competition, coaching and judging at an international level
- Competed at 10 World Championships in Sports Aerobics and Mr Fitness
- Tertiary courses in Exercise Science, Sports Coaching and Management
- CHEK Institute Practitioner Level IV and Holistic Lifestyle Coach Level III
- TRX Senior Master instructor and Conference Presenter
- Yoga, Qi Gong and Shaman studies
- Certificate in Psychology for High Performance Sports - Barca Innovation Hub
- Rugby player and coach at HKUSBRFU
- Several Ultramarathons Sahara, Atacama deserts.
- Dragon Boat - Seagods Strength & Conditioning Coach since 2004, Coach 2020
- Strength & Conditioning Coach to #1 WBO Contender to Super Flyweight Boxer Rex Tso since 2015.
- Westside Barbell.
- Crossfit - level 1, Mobility, Gymnastics.
- Exuberant animal - "Play as if your life depends in it".
- All my clients who are not (nor want to be elite athletes) and just do fitness to get in and stay in shape so they can eat pizza and drink beer.
- All my clients who have had significant physical-mental-emotional-spiritual health issues that have trusted me to help them overcome their obstacles with my methods.
If you, your friends, your place or work or your gym want to do a live course, offsite or retreat contact me to arrange.
Facebook Ross Eathorne Lifestyle and Performance School
Instagram Ross Eathorne or "Life & Fitness near 50"
Linked-in Ross Eathorne
StartAssessment-intervention-reassessment method of movement therapy (3:42)
PreviewThe 5 assessments (13:16)
StartGeneral stretch and activation guidelines (8:21)
PreviewBasic Breathing & posture exercises (12:49)
StartBending and back pain stretch series (31:34)
StartPushing, shoulder and sacroiliac pain stretch series (75:22)
StartPulling and lunge stretch series (27:57)
StartSquating and knee pain stretch series (29:50)
StartTwisting stretch series (57:14)
StartThe Sixth lesson "humanises you" (9:36)